L. Chapman was born in and continues to live in North Yorkshire, United Kingdom. She has spent most of her life helping others as a health care assistant, and was, at one time, a DJ for a special needs club. Blending her love of helping others and her love of children, L dreams to one day own and operate a childcare nursery that will help mainstream special needs children with others.
In the rare times that L. is not working to help others or maniacally writing, she enjoys making a mess of things while creating beautifully detailed greeting cards. She spends time relaxing with family, friends, and good books. L. loves to travel and has been to many places in the United Kingdom; her favorite places all involve the ocean. She hopes to one day share a kiss with her happily-ever-after in the romantic shadow of the Eiffel Tower. Should she ever get over her fear of flying, those kisses may be shared in the shadows of the Egyptian Pyramids.
Ever the fussy eater, L. has never once tasted peanut butter, and she despises coffee. If you should feel the need to bribe her, it is suggested that you bring chocolate, as that is one of her know weaknesses.
Writes: Romance, Contemporary.
Author of: The Believe Series, Healing and The Summer Deal
What can readers expect from you in the rest of 2017?
I have a book coming out which is part of the Happy Ending Resorts, a Christmas book and loads more.
Have you got anything planned for 2018 (book releases, signings etc.)?
I have a few singings within the UK, I have lots of books planned – I can’t wait for you all the read them.
What is your favourite genre to write?
Romance as I can cover loads in one.
4. Which book was your favourite to write, and why?
Healing, it is so close to my heart.
5. For those who are new to your work, which book would you recommend starting with?
That is a hard question to answer as it depends on the kind of books you like to read – Trust book 1 in the Believe Series is a sweet romance and the start of the series. The Summer Deal is a summer romance with a twist. Healing is about a girl who does through trauma and her dealing with it.
6. How do you find names for your characters? And can you write them until you’ve found the perfect one?
I tend to just know when the name is right, the characters tend to pick their own names.
7. Which of your characters would you want to be stranded on a desert island with, and why?
Oh now this is a hard one, Megan from the Believe Series. At least that would be a fun time.
8. Do you have a character you feel more connected to?
I do the stories that have more of me in them I am more connected to the characters as they have massive parts of us in there.
9. Who is your biggest supporter?
I have a few amazing friends who support me. I would be lost without them. My Mum supports me in anything I do.
10. Who are your must-read/one-click authors?
I have a few if you are looking for an author to check out go for JB McGee.
11. Were you an avid reader as a child?
I read when I was forced to.
12. Are any of your heroes based on real men in your life?
13. Are you a sporty or curl up with a good book type of person?
Sport? Are you swearing at me? Give me a good book any day.
14. What is your drink of choice while writing?
Tend to be water. Nothing exiting.
5. Do you have any pets?
I have two cats.
16. Are you a morning person?
Not really give me a little time to wake and then I can be.